No Fees Unless We Win   (206) 919-3215
Bothell Dog Bite Attorney
Dog bites can be extremely dangerous. While these animals may be a popular pet in Washington, dog bites can transmit infections, lead to painful wounds, and leave physical and emotional scars. If you are the victim of a dog bite in Bothell, you may be eligible for financial compensation—and Colburn Law can help.
Our Bothell dog bite attorney has handled dozens of dog bite cases throughout Washington, and has secured millions of dollars on behalf of our personal injury clients. Colburn Law will advocate aggressively to support your full recovery.
Why Choose Our Dog Bite Lawyers
- Our attorney, Greg Colburn, has experienced the personal injury process as an attorney and as a plaintiff. We will take the time to learn your side of the story and what you need to recover.
- Under our contingency fee arrangement, you do not have to pay legal fees unless we secure compensation on your behalf.
- We aim to practice open and direct communication throughout your case. Your attorney will always answer your questions and prepare you for the next steps in the litigation process.
When Is a Dog Owner Liable for a Bite in Bothell, WA?
Under RCW 16.08.040, a dog owner is responsible for any dog bite injuries his or her animal is responsible for. However, the victim must be on public property or lawfully in or on a private place for the owner to be liable for his or her damages. If the victim was trespassing, he or she will not be eligible to claim this compensation.
This rule is a strict liability statute, which means that you do not have to prove the owner was negligent to receive compensation. You do not need to prove that the dog has a history of aggressive behavior either. You will simply need to prove that you suffered a dog bite, the owner’s dog caused the bite, and that you had a legal right to be where the attack happened.
How to Clean a Dog Bite Wound
Dog bites are dangerous due to the risk of infection. Dog saliva may contain bacteria that can cause serious harm if they enter our bloodstream, causing conditions such as rabies, tetanus, and Pasteurella. After the dog attack, clean the wound as thoroughly as possible before seeking medical attention and follow these instructions:
- Place a clean cloth over the wound to stop the flow of blood.
- Wash the bite carefully and thoroughly with warm water and soap.
- Apply an antibiotic ointment to the wound.
- Carefully wrap the wound in a sterile bandage.
If you can, take a few quick photographs of the wound before you clean it. You can use these pictures as evidence in your claim.
After performing first aid, go to the hospital to receive medical attention. You should always go to the doctor after a dog attack, even if your injury is minor. Doing so can help you avoid developing an infection and will provide evidence you can use in your case.
Additional Information: How To File a Dog Bite Report
Contact Colburn Law Today
Are you suffering from a dog bite? You may be eligible for compensation to pay for medical care, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering. The Bothell dog bite attorney at Colburn Law can support your path to recovery.
Our Bothell dog bite lawyers will fight tirelessly to secure the compensation you need and hold the owner liable for his or her animal’s actions. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about your next steps.