Washington State Personal Injury Attorneys
Greg’s experience as an injured plaintiff gives him a unique perspective among personal injury lawyers.
read Greg's story
The quality of your attorney will make a difference in your settlement process. Being injured in an accident can be daunting, to say the least. Maybe you’re wondering how you’ll pay your medical bills, handle the insurance claim process or make up for lost wages. A personal injury settlement can help you do both.
We’ve been helping Washington state residents receive compensation for their injuries since we opened our doors. At Colburn Law, our main goals are getting you back on the road to recovery and helping you gain the financial security you need. If you are an injury victim in Washington, contact the Seattle personal injury lawyers at Colburn Law for a case evaluation.
Over the course of my career, I have handled and settled hundreds of personal injury cases. I am fully committed to your case, no matter its size.
At Colburn Law, we have experience in every area of personal injury law including motor vehicle crashes, slip & fall accidents, product liability, dog bites, pedestrian injuries, wrongful death, traumatic brain injuries, and workplace injuries.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you know firsthand how quickly expenses can add up. Medical bills, rehabilitation costs, and lost wages all take their toll on you. Intangible side effects such as depression and post-traumatic stress can diminish your quality of life. If this sounds familiar, you may be wondering if you have legal recourse beyond an initial insurance claim.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer?
At Colburn Law, we offer our services on a contingency fee basis, which means no fee unless we win. If you’ve been injured as the direct result of someone else’s legal fault, you may be eligible for compensation.
What Is Negligence?
All personal injury claims hinge on the idea of negligence, which is the legal term for fault. For example, if someone gets behind the wheel of a car drunk, crashes into your vehicle, and injures you, that person is guilty of negligence.
Negligence is rooted in the idea that we all have to exercise reasonable care around one another. We don’t, for example, run across the street without checking for traffic; that would be careless. Proving your case will be a matter of demonstrating that the person who caused your injuries was negligent or not reasonably careful.
Proving a Personal Injury Claim in Washington State
A successful personal injury lawsuit is comprised of four basic elements. You must prove:
- The entity you’re suing owed you a duty of care. For example, a physician is required to follow a standard of care when administering treatment.
- The responsible party violated that duty of care (committing negligence).
- Negligence led to your injuries.
- You incurred specific damages.
Injury Lawyers Helping Victims Throughout Washington State
If you think you have legal grounds for a personal injury lawsuit, your next step is to contact Colburn Law for a free initial consultation. We’re committed to helping Washington state families receive compensation for their injuries. We also serve all of Washington State.
What Is a Personal Injury Claim?
Personal Injury refers to a broad area of the law in which victims of accidents may pursue damages from the person at fault. This aspect of the civil court system plays a vital role in our democracy for several reasons:
- It provides hope for those who feel they’ve run out of options. Even with an insurance claim and disability insurance, an injury can affect an individual physically and emotionally, leading to financial uncertainty. A personal injury settlement can provide that security for those who need it most.
- Too often, businesses and corporations think they can get away with cutting corners and shoddy business practices. A personal injury lawsuit sends a clear message: You are responsible for your actions, and you will be held accountable for them.
Do I Qualify for a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
If you’ve been injured as the result of someone else’s negligence, you may have legal grounds for a personal injury claim. At Colburn Law, we have extensive experience in many areas of personal injury law. Here are some examples of the types of cases we handle:
- Motor Vehicle Collisions. We help victims of car, pedestrian accidents, bus, truck, and motorcycle collisions receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, and suffering.
- Wrongful Death. We know nothing can make up for the devastating loss of a loved one, but a wrongful death settlement provides financial security for survivors, allowing families to focus on healing.
- Product Liability Cases. Those who manufacture, distribute, or sell products must follow guidelines that help keep consumers safe. Those who don’t may be guilty of negligence.
- Premise Liability Cases. Businesses must similarly keep their properties safe for the public, and failing to rectify a defect is against the law.
- Workplace Injuries. If you’ve been injured at work, you may be eligible to collect workers’ compensation benefits, but you may also have recourse beyond the initial claim.
We'll Meet You Anywhere
Experience & Results You Can Trust
No Fees Unless We Win Your Case
Attorney Greg Colburn has a long history of success
Getting Started with Your Personal Injury Lawsuit – My Story
The first step in filing a personal injury lawsuit is calling my office, Colburn Law, for a free initial consultation. I myself have been a victim of negligence, so I know what it’s like to go through the process from a client’s perspective. When I was injured working construction, I was confined to a wheelchair for two years – and I couldn’t find the help from a legal team. I know the toll serious injuries can take financially, as well as emotionally. That’s why I’m committed to hearing your story.
He was truly an advocate for me and my family.
Greg guided me through a stressful process involving a car accident and the insurance company. Not only did he put me at ease, but he was truly an advocate for me and my family. I am truly thankful for his help, and would highly recommend him to any of my friends or family.
He doesn't give up and gets the job done.
I had a personal injury on the job and my employer at the time would not acknowledge my injury. I hired Greg to help me with getting the proper medical treatment. He was fighting with a very large corporation that I worked for at the time. He protected me and fought hard to get results. I would hire him again if I needed help.
Greg is very knowledgeable with lots of experience.
I was very fortunate to have Greg handle my auto accident settlement for me. Greg is very knowledgeable with lots of experience and very personable, and easy to work with. It was a great comfort knowing that everything would be handled and I would get the best settlement.
meet greg colburn
Greg will fight for you the way he fought for himself
Greg suffered injuries while working on a construction site, when he fell from a rooftop due to a subcontractor’s negligence. Greg’s injuries left him wheelchair-bound for two years. His case was rejected by more than 80 lawyers in Seattle, Bellevue, Everett, and Renton. Greg worked on his own case which settled two months before trial for $1,000,000.