No Fees Unless We Win   (206) 919-3215
Colburn Law TBI Annual Scholarship
Congratulations to our 2021 winner Taryn Ingalls!
Read her story here.
The Seattle personal injury lawyers at Colburn Law want to be a helping hand to students who have suffered or have a loved one who has suffered from a traumatic brain injury. We have created a $3,000 scholarship to increase public awareness and to help a scholar in need. We hope this scholarship will lend financial hope to one deserving student who has single-handedly been affected by a TBI.
Attorney Greg Colburn focused his undergraduate studies at the University of Washington in neuroscience and has since become passionate about helping victims of TBI’s. At Colburn Law, we understand the importance of education as well as how difficult and burdensome a college education can be to finance. The cost of obtaining a college education is higher than ever and our goal is to take some of the financial burdens off a dedicated, deserving and hardworking student.
We are proud to announce the Colburn Law Traumatic Brain Injury Annual Scholarship for the 2021 school year.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.
- Must be enrolled as either an undergraduate or in the final year of high school
- Must be age 17 or older.
No matter how many challenges you have encountered since facing a brain injury, you have a new story to tell. Please write an original essay on one of the five prompts below:
- Are you an advocate for your community or involved in any organizations? How has your experience dealing with a brain injury inspired you to educate and shape your community and neighborhood for the better?
- In 2012, an estimated 329,290 children (age 19 or younger) were treated in U.S. EDs for sports and recreation-related diagnosis of concussion or TBI. Did you or a loved one sustain their brain injury from playing sports? If so, how can recreational facilities in your community raise more awareness on safety in sports and concussion-related injuries?
- TBI injuries can be extremely taxing on people and your daily routine. How do you cope with your TBI? Do you participate in different activities (cooking, writing, instruments…) as a way of coping? If so, what are they?
- Powered Recreational Vehicles (ATVs, Dune Buggies, Bicycles) account for a large majority of traumatic brain injuries. What more can be done to raise awareness about the dangers of TBIs and PRV’s?
- How do you think the rise of dockless bikes and scooters could increase the numbers of TBIs across the U.S? What measures can be taken to prevent an increase in these types of injuries?
$3,000 awarded one time.
- The deadline to apply for this scholarship is JUNE 1st 2021.
- Winner will be announced by JUNE 30, 2021.
We will notify the scholarship winner by either phone or email and the winner will be announced on our firm’s website.
- Include your essay as an email attachment (.docx , .doc, .pdf or .txt files are best)
- Include your Full Name, email address, Mailing Address, and a phone number at the top of your essay. This will be the information that we use to contact you if your essay is selected as the winner.
- Please include 1-2 sentences about yourself (What school, college or university you attend or plan to attend and your plans for the future)
Please DO NOT include:
- CD ROMs, letters of recommendation, tax returns, bank balances, resumes, or transcripts
- Please DO NOT call the firm asking where to send your essay.