No Fees Unless We Win   206-919-3215
Colburn Law Annual Spinal Disability Scholarship
The Seattle personal injury lawyers at Colburn Law want to be a helping hand to students who have suffered a disability. We have created a $3,000 scholarship to increase public awareness and to help a scholar in need. We hope this scholarship will lend financial hope to one deserving student who has single-handedly been affected by a spinal disability.
This scholarship is open to students who have been affected by direct spinal cord injuries and diseases resulting in paralyses such as spinal tumors, strokes, or aneurysms affecting the spinal cord, spina bifida, MS, traumatic brain injuries, Parkinson’s, and cerebral palsy.
Colburn Law Cares
At Colburn Law, we understand the importance of education as well as how difficult and burdensome a college education can be to finance. The cost of obtaining a college education is higher than ever and our goal is to take some of the financial burdens off a dedicated, deserving, and hardworking student.
Attorney Greg Colburn knows firsthand how a disability can impact your personal and professional life. While Greg Colburn finished his undergraduate degree at the University of Washington, he worked as a carpenter. On October 10, 2002, a roofing subcontractor’s negligence caused Greg to fall approximately 20 feet, leaving him wheelchair-bound for two years.
We are proud to announce the Colburn Law Annual Disability Scholarship for the 2022 school year.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.
- Must be enrolled as either an undergraduate or in the final year of high school
- Must be age 17 or older.
No matter how many challenges you have encountered, you have a new story to tell. Please write an original essay on one of the prompts below:
- Are you an advocate for your community or involved in any organizations? How has your experience dealing with a disability inspired you to educate and shape your community and neighborhood for the better?
- Being wheelchair-bound or having a disability can be extremely taxing on your daily routine. Do you participate in different activities (cooking, writing, instruments…) as a way of coping? If so, what are they?
$3,000 awarded one time.
- The deadline to apply for this scholarship is JUNE 1st 2022.
- Winner will be announced by JUNE 30, 2022.
We will notify the scholarship winner by either phone or email and the winner will be announced on our firm’s website.
- Include your essay as an email attachment (.docx , .doc, .pdf or .txt files are best)
- Include your Full Name, email address, Mailing Address, and a phone number at the top of your essay. This will be the information that we use to contact you if your essay is selected as the winner.
- Please include 1-2 sentences about yourself (What school, college or university you attend or plan to attend and your plans for the future)
Please DO NOT include:
- CD ROMs, letters of recommendation, tax returns, bank balances, resumes, or transcripts
- Please DO NOT call the firm asking where to send your essay.