No Fees Unless We Win   (206) 919-3215
Auburn Car Accident Lawyer
After a car accident in Auburn, you may face significant financial burdens, from medical bills to vehicle repairs. You need compensation to recover from your injuries and losses—and Colburn Law can help. Our firm represents car accident victims in their claims against negligent drivers, advocating aggressively for maximum compensation.
Why Choose Our Auburn Car Accident Lawyers
- Our firm represents clients on a contingency fee basis. You do not pay legal fees unless we secure compensation in your claim.
- Our attorney, Greg Colburn, knows firsthand how a personal injury can impact your life. We will apply our unique perspective to craft a compelling case on your behalf.
- You will have direct communication with your attorney from consultation to settlement. We will always answer your questions and remedy any concerns you may have.
Washington Car Accident Statistics
According to the Washington State Department of Transportation, over 84,000 car accidents occurred on Washington roads in 2020. Out of these collisions, 532 were fatal and over 7,000 resulted in an injury. In Auburn alone, over 1,000 car accidents occurred in 2019, resulting in eight fatal crashes and over a hundred injuries.
Legal Options for Auburn Car Accident Victims
Washington is a fault insurance state. This means that drivers who are responsible for car accidents must pay for the damages of the other drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and cyclists involved in an accident. Drivers in Washington must carry a certain amount of liability insurance so they can uphold this financial responsibility if they injure someone in an accident.
If someone else is responsible for your collision, you can hold him or her accountable in one of two ways:
- You can file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- You can file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver in Washington civil court.
In many scenarios, your attorney will advise you to file an insurance claim first and proceed to a lawsuit if the claim is unsuccessful. However, if you are suffering from serious injuries and ask for compensation that exceeds the at-fault driver’s policy limits, your attorney may advise you to file a personal injury lawsuit first. Speak to an attorney at Colburn Law to understand which option is right for you.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Auburn, WA
If you want to recover compensation after a car accident, the actions you take immediately after the collision will impact your case. As long as it is safe for you to move around the accident site without further injury, collect and document as many pieces of evidence as possible.
- Call 911 and report the accident to the police. The responding officer will create a report you can use as evidence in your claim.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Save every record you receive that relates to your injuries and treatment.
- Photograph the accident site, your injuries, and both vehicles from as many angles as possible.
- Collect contact, insurance, and license information from the other driver. Ask witnesses for their contact information as well.
- Contact a car accident attorney to handle your claim. Do not speak to an insurance adjuster until you have spoken with your lawyer.
Contact Colburn Law Today
Are you suffering from car accident injuries in Auburn? Colburn Law can help. We will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the best outcome possible, advocating for your maximum compensation throughout the case process.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with our Auburn car accident attorney.