No Fees Unless We Win   (206) 919-3215
Sammamish Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles can provide a great opportunity to unwind and explore the roads. Unfortunately, riding a motorcycle also carries a risk of injury in an accident, especially when you collide with a larger vehicle. Such injuries can easily have lifelong consequences, with financial, medical, and emotional repercussions.
To help protect your rights, you need the help of an experienced motorcycle attorney. The other party in your accident will likely have the help of an insurance company lawyer, and you deserve to stand on equal ground through negotiations and, if needed, in the courtroom. The injury attorneys at Colburn Law can help you do just that as we learn about your case and formulate a strategy to help you recover damages from your Sammamish motorcycle accident.
What to Do After a Sammamish Motorcycle Accident
Being in a motorcycle accident can be an emotionally upheaving experience that makes it difficult to know what the best actions are to take, especially as stress settles in. However, with a few simple actions, you can improve your claim’s chances of success:
- Seek medical help immediately. Your first step after an accident should always be to seek appropriate medical help. You should not only allow a medic to look you over but also have a visit with your primary care physician as soon as possible. Some injuries can occur without any obvious symptoms, and a doctor can help prevent dangerous consequences with immediate treatment. You’ll also receive a medical record, which serves as proof of your injuries.
- Collect essential information. You will naturally want to have as much information as possible following your accident. If you don’t have extensive injuries, you should try to document the scene with photos or video and collect contact information of the other party and any witnesses. However, your health should be your priority.
- Be cautious when dealing with insurance companies. The only thing you should sign related to the accident is the police report of the incident. Anything else should go through your attorney first, especially if it comes from the other party’s insurance company. You should also not give any statements to an insurance adjuster without consulting with a lawyer.
These steps can help protect your rights, especially in the case of dealing with insurance companies. Often, an insurance claims adjuster will try to get you to settle for the lowest amount possible, which likely won’t be enough to cover your injuries. Your personal injury attorney will work with you to receive your fullest possible compensation.
How Can I Prove Fault?
Without fault, there are no grounds for a personal injury case. To have a successful claim, you will need to prove that the other party was at fault for your damages, which will, in turn, allow you to recover compensation. Under Washington law, it’s your duty to prove:
- The other driver owed you a duty of care, such as reasonably following traffic laws.
- The other driver breached that care by committing negligence, such as driving above the speed limit.
- That breach directly lead to your injuries.
- You incurred significant damages because of the negligence.
Your attorney will investigate the accident to help understand the circumstances. With this information in hand, your lawyer will be able to determine which parties are at fault for your accident and determine your next steps.
Contact Your Sammamish Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
At Colburn Law, our attorneys all dedicate themselves to helping our clients claim their rightful compensation. We understand the extensive impact a motorcycle injury can have on your life – and that’s why we support you through understanding your legal options, filing your claim, negotiating with insurance companies, and taking your case to court when necessary.
Trust us with your Sammamish motorcycle accident. Call to schedule your free consultation today.