No Fees Unless We Win   (206) 919-3215
Kirkland Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Many Kirkland residents ride bicycles, both as an alternative mode of transportation and an enjoyable pastime. Washington has strict laws governing how motorists and cyclists share the road—but unfortunately, not all drivers follow these rules.
If you are recovering from a Kirkland bicycle accident, trust Colburn Law to secure the compensation you deserve. Our firm can represent you in your insurance claim or bicycle accident lawsuit, holding the at-fault driver accountable for your injuries.
Why Choose Our Kirkland Bicycle Accident Lawyers
- Our firm understands that money can be limited after an accident. That is why we charge a contingency fee—you will only pay legal fees if we recover compensation on your behalf.
- Our attorney is dedicated to securing your maximum recovery and will not hesitate to negotiate for a higher settlement. We have secured millions of dollars for our clients.
- We understand that the insurance claim or personal injury process can be confusing. Our firm will maintain a direct line of communication so you can ask questions and prepare for upcoming appointments.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
There are many factors that cause bicycle accidents. Drivers can ignore the right of way, fail to look for cyclists while at intersections, or commit other acts of negligence that lead to collisions between a vehicle and a bicycle. In other cases, poorly maintained roads, inclement weather, and defective bicycle parts contribute to collisions.
Other causes of bicycle accidents may include the following.
- Fatigued or drowsy driving
- Unsafe lane changes or right-hand turns
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Distracted driving, or any act that takes the mind, eyes, or hands away from driving
- Door accidents, which occur when a driver opens his or door into a bicycle lane without checking for oncoming cyclists
Can Cyclists File an Insurance Claim After an Accident?
After a bicycle accident, you can sustain serious injuries such as broken bones, brain damage, and severe abrasions. As a result, you can sustain damages such as medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, permanent disability, and psychological trauma. You may wonder if you are eligible for compensation to pay for these losses.
Washington is a fault-based insurance state, which means that drivers who cause accidents are financially liable for their victims’ damages. Drivers, pedestrians, passengers, and cyclists have a right to file an insurance claim or lawsuit against a negligent driver. You can file this claim even if you do not have an insurance policy of your own. For more information, contact our Kirkland car accident lawyers today.
Do You Need a Lawyer for a Bicycle Accident Claim?
To secure compensation after a bicycle collision, you will need to prove that the at-fault driver caused the accident. You will need to gather several pieces of evidence to support your claim, including medical records, surveillance footage, witness testimony, and expert evaluation. Worrying about legal processes and court paperwork can be overwhelming after a recent injury.
In these situations, you need a bicycle accident lawyer on your side. At Colburn Law, our Kirkland injury lawyer can provide several benefits throughout the case process. We will investigate your claim, gather evidence, and handle each aspect of your claim so you can focus on your recovery. Our firm will also consult with expert witnesses, such as medical professionals and accident reconstructionists, who can evaluate your claim and provide testimony on your behalf.
Contact Colburn Law Today
If you are in a bicycle accident, contact Colburn Law as soon as possible. Our Kirkland bicycle accident lawyers will work closely with you to craft a compelling case for your compensation.
Contact Colburn Law today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about your legal options.