No Fees Unless We Win   206-919-3215
Kirkland Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Washington is a pedestrian-friendly state, especially in the greater Seattle area. Unfortunately, not all motorists are careful while driving around pedestrians, resulting in dozens of injuries and deaths each year. If you are in a pedestrian accident, you can sustain painful injuries that require significant medical costs and recovery time.
If you need compensation to recover from your pedestrian accident injuries, speak to an attorney at Colburn Law as soon as possible. Our Kirkland pedestrian accident lawyers can help you hold the at-fault driver accountable through a personal injury lawsuit or insurance claim.
Why Choose Our Kirkland Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- At Colburn Law, we understand that legal representation can be expensive. Under our contingency fee arrangement, you do not pay legal fees unless we secure compensation on your behalf.
- Our firm believes that open and honest communication is crucial for an injury claim. You will always be able to ask your attorney questions and raise important concerns.
- Our attorney will meet you anywhere. We will gladly visit you at your home, hospital room, or an alternative location for your convenience.
Injuries After a Pedestrian Accident in Kirkland
When a car collides with a pedestrian, devastating consequences can occur. Pedestrians do not have the same protection as a driver inside of a motor vehicle, and the force generated by the collision can cause serious injuries. Some common injuries sustained by pedestrians include the following.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord damage
- Crushing injuries and internal organ damage
- Broken bones and fractures
- Road rash and burn injuries
- Punctured lungs
These injuries can require significant medical care, and you may need to take time off work to seek treatment, recover from your procedures, and attend rehabilitation or physical therapy. The cost of this treatment can be very expensive, and you may not have the financial means to pay for it. However, you could hold the driver responsible for your accident accountable in a personal injury lawsuit or insurance claim.
Are Pedestrians Covered by Washington Car Insurance Policies?
Washington is a fault-based accident state. This means that all drivers who cause car accidents must pay for their victims’ damages. To maintain this financial obligation, Washington requires all drivers to hold a certain amount of liability insurance:
- At least $25,000 for bodily injury or death liability per person per accident
- At least $50,000 in total injury or death liability per accident
- At least $10,000 for property damage per accident
A driver can purchase higher amounts of liability coverage if he or she chooses to do so. If a driver causes an accident, the victims can file a claim to recover compensation up to the appropriate policy limits. These victims may include other drivers, passengers, cyclists, and pedestrians.
In addition to an insurance claim, pedestrians also have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver for their damages. Most pedestrians file an insurance claim first and proceed to a lawsuit if necessary. If you have serious injuries that exceed the driver’s policy limits, you may want to file a lawsuit first. Speak to an attorney at Colburn Law to determine which pathway is right for you.
Contact a Kirkland Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
If you are in a pedestrian accident, trust the Kirkland pedestrian accident attorney at Colburn Law to represent your claim. Your Kirkland personal injury attorney will advocate for your best outcome.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about your legal options.