No Fees Unless We Win   206-919-3215
Federal Way Car Accident Attorney
If you are in an accident with a negligent Washington driver, you can sustain serious injuries. You will need to pay for thousands of dollars in medical care, spend days or weeks away from work recovering from your injuries, and grapple with the physical and emotional impact of the collision.
Colburn Law represents injured victims of Federal Way car accidents in their claims against negligent drivers. If you are suffering from a serious injury due to another driver’s actions, contact our firm to discuss your legal options.
Why Choose Us
- Over our years of operation, we have handled hundreds of personal injury cases and secured millions for our clients, including car accident victims.
- Our firm values open, transparent communication from consultation to settlement. You will always have a direct line to your attorney throughout your case.
- If you need to meet in an alternative location, our attorney is happy to accommodate your request. We will meet at your home, hospital room, or another location that works for you.
Common Injuries in Federal Way Collisions
Car accidents range in severity from minor bumps to serious multi-car pile ups and rollovers. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the crash, you can sustain several serious injuries, including the following.
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage and paralysis
- Cuts, abrasions, and lacerations
- Whiplash and soft tissue damage
- The loss of a limb
- Burn injuries and permanent scarring
Legal Options for Federal Way Accident Victims
Washington follows a fault-based system when handling car accidents, meaning the driver responsible for the crash is liable for your damages. You can collect compensation for these damages, including medical bills and vehicle repairs, through a personal injury lawsuit or insurance claim.
Most car accident cases begin in the insurance stage before proceeding to a lawsuit. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your case, however, it may be more viable to file a lawsuit from the beginning.
How to Prove a Car Accident Lawsuit in Washington
If you are filing a lawsuit for your car accident injuries, you will need to establish the driver’s negligence to secure compensation. All personal injury claims, including car accident cases, require you to provide sufficient evidence to prove four key facts:
- The driver owed you a duty of care. All drivers have a duty to drive safely and follow all applicable traffic laws.
- The driver breached his or her duty of care through a negligent act or failure to act.
- The driver’s breach of duty directly caused the accident and your injuries.
- You sustained damages in the accident that you can collect compensation for.
Your attorney from Colburn Law will gather all available evidence to establish the nature and extent of your injuries and the events leading up to the crash, including surveillance footage, witness testimony, medical records, and expert evaluations. Your lawyer can also help you calculate your damages, enlisting the assistance of life care experts and economists to determine your long-term care costs.
Contact a Federal Way Car Accident Lawyer Today
If someone else’s actions caused you to sustain injuries, you deserve justice. At Colburn Law, our firm commits itself to recovering maximum compensation for our clients. We will advocate aggressively for your rights in insurance negotiations, and we will not hesitate to escalate your claim to a lawsuit if necessary.
Contact Colburn Law today to schedule a free consultation with a Federal Way car accident attorney.