No Fees Unless We Win   206-919-3215
Federal Way Pedestrian Accident Attorney
In Washington, pedestrian accidents are unfortunately common, leading to a significant number of injuries and deaths. Negligent behavior like speeding, distracted driving, and failing to yield the right of way are contributing factors to these collisions.
If you are injured in a Federal Way pedestrian accident, you have the right to pursue legal action against the responsible driver. In these situations, trust Colburn Law to fight for your right to maximum recovery.
Why Choose Colburn Law for Your Pedestrian Accident Claim
- Our attorney, Greg Colburn, has settled hundreds of personal injury cases, including pedestrian accident claims. He is dedicated to recovering the highest possible settlement for our clients.
- Our firm values open and honest communication. You will always be able to ask questions, raise concerns, and receive important case updates.
- We take all cases on a contingency fee basis. If we do not recover compensation in your case, you will not be charged any legal fees.
Injuries in Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrians lack the same protections as occupants of motor vehicles. Cars are much larger and heavier than people. Pedestrians also do not have a large metal shell protecting them in the event of an accident. As a result, collisions between the two can result in serious injuries.
Some of the most common injuries in pedestrian accidents include the following:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Bruises and severe abrasions like road rash
- Traumatic brain damage
- Facial injuries and disfigurement
- Amputated or mangled limbs
Many of these injuries require emergency medical care and some may even lead to lasting complications. If you are involved in a pedestrian accident, you must go to the hospital immediately and save all records of your injuries and treatment.
How to Prove a Federal Way Pedestrian Accident Claim
If you are injured in a pedestrian accident caused by another person, you have the right to pursue legal action against that person. Washington is a fault-based accident state, meaning that negligent motorists are financially liable for any accidents that they cause. As an injured pedestrian, you can file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault driver.
To secure compensation in a pedestrian accident claim, however, you will need to show that the driver’s actions caused your collision and the injuries that you sustained. Specifically, you will need to gather enough evidence to prove four important facts:
- The driver owed you a duty to drive safely and follow traffic laws.
- The driver breached that duty of care.
- The breach of duty caused your pedestrian accident.
- You suffered damages in the accident that you can recover in your claim.
The attorney at Colburn Law can help you gather the evidence necessary to prove each of these facts and establish your right to recovery. Leveraging our network of resources, we will conduct a full investigation into your accident and work to craft a compelling case in your favor.
Contact a Federal Way Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today
Were you injured in a Federal Way pedestrian accident? The attorney at Colburn Law can help you secure the compensation that you deserve. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about your legal options.