Colburn Law

No Fees Unless We Win   206-919-3215

click for free consultation

Colburn Law

Federal Way Construction Accident Attorney

Construction sites can be very dangerous. Workers on these sites can suffer serious injuries due to dangerous machinery, falling debris or tools, unsecured scaffolding, and other risky conditions.

If you suffer an injury on a Federal Way construction site, it can be difficult to know what to do next. In these situations, speak to a Federal Way construction accident lawyer at Colburn Law. Our firm will work with you to determine your legal options and secure the compensation you need to recover.

Why Choose Us

  • Our firm has extensive experience handling construction accident and workers’ compensation claims in Washington. We will handle each aspect of your claim so you can focus on recovery.
  • Our firm will maintain direct, transparent, and honest communication between you and your attorney during each stage of your claim.
  • Our attorney, Greg Colburn, knows firsthand how a construction accident can affect your daily life. We are passionate about helping you achieve maximum compensation and will advocate for your best interests.

Should You File an L&I Claim or Lawsuit After a Construction Accident?

If you suffer an injury on the job in Washington, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. The Washington Department of Labor & Industries (L&I) oversees these claims and disburses benefits for medical expenses, wage replacement, disability, and other accident-related costs. To secure this compensation, you will need to prove that you sustained the injury while performing your job duties. You do not need to prove fault or negligence to receive workers’ compensation.

In some cases, you may want to file a lawsuit against negligent third parties responsible for your construction accident. If your accident involves defective machinery, for example, you could file a personal injury claim in Washington civil court to recover compensation from the manufacturer. In these claims, you will need to prove that the at-fault party’s negligence caused your accident.

If you believe that your employer’s negligence caused your accident, you may want to file a lawsuit instead of an L&I claim. Filing a workers’ compensation claim waives your right to file a lawsuit against your employer, so it is important to determine which option is right for you before you take action. Speak to an attorney at Colburn Law to discuss your next steps.

Possible Compensation for Injured Federal Way Construction Workers

Construction injuries can be painful and debilitating, sometimes resulting in permanent disability and impairment. If you file a workers’ compensation claim after a construction accident, you can secure compensation for the costs associated with your accident, including the following:

  • Medical expenses
  • Transportation to and from medical appointments
  • Wage replacement during your recovery time
  • Permanent disability benefits
  • Prescription medication payments

If you choose to file a personal injury lawsuit, you can recover compensation for many of the same losses, including medical expenses, lost wages, and loss of future earnings. In addition, you could recover compensation for pain and suffering, property damage, and other accident-related costs. Your attorney will help calculate the full value of your lawsuit or L&I claim so that you accept a sufficient settlement offer.

Contact Colburn Law Today

Are you the victim of a construction site accident in Federal Way? If so, contact the construction accident lawyer at Colburn Law as soon as possible. Your attorney will evaluate your claim to determine whether you should file a workers’ compensation claim or lawsuit and can gather the evidence necessary to prove your right to damages.

Contact Colburn Law today to schedule your free consultation with a Federal Way construction injury attorney.