No Fees Unless We Win   (206) 919-3215
Everett Construction Site Accident Lawyer
Construction workers are at risk of serious accidents due to the dangerous nature of their jobs. If you are an employee on an Everett construction site, you can sustain crushing injuries, broken bones, brain trauma, and other serious damage on the job.
However, you may be eligible for a workers’ compensation claim or personal injury lawsuit for your injuries. Contact the Everett construction accident attorney at Colburn Law to determine your optimal path to compensation.
Why Choose Our Everett Construction Accident Lawyers
- Colburn Law is dedicated to our clients’ full recovery. We have secured millions of dollars to support our clients’ medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and more.
- Under our contingency fee system, our firm assumes the risk for your case. We only charge legal fees after we win a settlement in your claim.
- Our attorney, Greg Colburn, suffered serious injuries due to the negligence of a subcontractor. We provide comprehensive and passionate representation to each and every client, no matter the case size.
Types of Construction Site Accidents in Everett, WA
Construction sites can be very dangerous places, especially for construction workers. Many types of accidents can occur on the site, including:
- Falls: A construction worker may fall from scaffolding, a piece of machinery, or a building, leading to serious injuries such as spinal cord damage.
- Scaffolding collapse: All scaffolding on a construction site must adhere to strict regulations to ensure safety and stability. If the scaffolding is not secure, a worker can fall and suffer serious, sometimes fatal injuries.
- Repetitive motion injuries: If a construction worker performs the same tasks over and over again, his or her muscles and soft tissues can sustain damage. As a result, the worker can experience pain and mobility problems.
- Machinery accidents: Construction workers often have to work with equipment such as generators, power tools, and specialized vehicles. Electrocution, crushing injuries, amputation, and other serious damage can occur due to dangerous, defective, and/or heavy machinery.
Legal Options for Injured Construction Workers in Everret
Any construction site accident can result in damages such as medical expenses, disability and disfigurement, psychological trauma, and lost wages. If you are a construction worker who suffered an injury on the job, you can recover compensation for these losses in one of three ways:
- Workers’ compensation claim: If you suffered an injury on the job, you may be eligible for a workers’ compensation benefits, regardless of fault. You will need to submit a claim to the Washington Department of Labor & Industries (L&I) proving your accident was work-related.
- Third-party lawsuit: If the negligence of a third party causes your accident, you could file a personal injury lawsuit against the entity or individual. Subcontractors, manufacturers, and motorists are often defendants in construction accident lawsuits.
- Employer lawsuit: If you believe your employer’s negligence caused your accident, you could file a personal injury lawsuit against him or her. However, you cannot file an L&I claim and a lawsuit against your employer. Speak to your attorney to determine which option is right for you.
Contact Colburn Law Today
After a construction accident, it can be difficult to know what to do next. You may believe your best option is a workers’ compensation claim, but in cases involving negligence or dangerous third-parties, you may be eligible for a personal injury claim. In these situations, speak to an Everett personal injury attorney at Colburn Law as soon as possible.
The Everett construction accident lawyer at Colburn Law will evaluate your case and determine which pathway to compensation is right for you. Contact us today to discuss your accident and strategize your next steps.