No Fees Unless We Win   (206) 919-3215
Everett Car Accident Lawyer
It is no secret that car accidents can have devastating consequences. Hundreds of people are involved in Washington collisions each year, leading to thousands of dollars in property damage, serious injuries, and even death.
If you are struggling to pay medical bills or recover lost wages after an accident, speak to an Everett car accident attorney at Colburn Law. Our Everett personal injury lawyers represent car accident victims in their claims against Washington motorists, helping our clients seek the compensation they need to heal.
Why Choose Our Everett Car Accident Lawyers
- Our firm has a strong track record of success. We have secured millions of dollars for our clients over our years of operation.
- We understand that finances can be strained after an accident, which is why we operate on a contingency fee basis. If we do not secure a settlement, you do not pay legal fees.
- Our attorney, Greg Colburn, has experienced the personal injury litigation process firsthand—as an injured victim and an attorney. We will apply our unique perspective to strengthen your claim.
Common Causes of Washington Car Accidents
A combination of factors can contribute to a car accident, from mechanical defects to poor road conditions. In many cases, however, negligent and careless driving is to blame. Common causes of car accidents in Washington include:
- Driving under the influence: Alcohol and drugs severely impair a person’s ability to drive, impacting motor skills, judgement, concentration, and other important functions.
- Speeding: If a motorist drives at a speed higher than the posted speed limit, he or she decreases his or her time to react to hazards.
- Failure to yield: Washington has strict laws on the right of way. If a driver violates right-of-way laws or runs through a stop sign or red light, he or she can easily collide into an oncoming vehicle.
- Distracted driving: Any action that takes your hands, mind, or eyes away from driving is dangerous. An accident can occur in a split second while a driver is talking on the phone or fiddling with the GPS system.
Potential Damages for Everett Car Accident Victims
Washington is a fault insurance state, meaning that victims of Everett car accidents have the right to collect compensation from the driver responsible for the collision. You can file an insurance claim to seek compensation up to the at-fault driver’s policy limits, or you can file a lawsuit against him or her in civil court.
In either process, you have the right to collect compensation for your economic and non-economic losses. Non-economic damages include the pain and suffering you endured due to the accident, while economic damages involve financial hardship.
Common types of damages in car accident claims include:
- Lost wages
- Past and future medical care
- Vehicle repairs
- Property replacement
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Emotional distress
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Loss of future earnings
- Disability accommodations
- Chronic pain
- Permanent disability
- Disfigurement or scarring
If you are unsure which damages you qualify for, speak to an attorney at Colburn Law. Your lawyer will evaluate your claim and help you gather the evidence necessary to prove your right to compensation.
Contact Colburn Law Today
No one deserves to suffer after a car accident—especially if someone else’s actions are responsible for the collision. If you believe you qualify for a car accident insurance claim or lawsuit, contact Colburn Law as soon as possible.
Your attorney will discuss your case with you and help you understand your optimal pathway to compensation. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and discuss your next steps.