No Fees Unless We Win   206-919-3215
Everett Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrians deserve to feel safe when walking in Everett, WA. Unfortunately, dangerous and sometimes fatal pedestrian accidents occur each year, often caused by negligent drivers.
If you are injured while walking, you may be eligible for financial compensation. The Everett pedestrian accident lawyer at Colburn Law can represent you in your claim against the at-fault driver and fight to secure the settlement that you deserve.
Why Choose Colburn Law for Your Pedestrian Accident Claim
- Our attorney has helped hundreds of injured people across Washington recover the compensation that they deserve. We will leverage our skills, experience, and knowledge to achieve the best possible outcome in your case.
- We understand how painful a pedestrian accident can be. Our firm will take care of every aspect of your case so that you can focus on healing, not complex litigation.
- Our firm takes cases on a contingency fee basis. Under this arrangement, you will not be charged any legal fees unless we secure a settlement in your case.
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries
During an accident, pedestrians can be vulnerable to serious harm. Pedestrians lack the same protections as drivers, who are surrounded by large metal shells. As a result, collisions between the two can lead to very serious and sometimes fatal injuries.
Below are some of the most common pedestrian accident injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Bruises and abrasions, like road rash
- Soft tissue injuries
Legal Options for Injured Pedestrians in Everett
Washington is a fault accident state. If your collision was caused by another driver, you have the right to file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault driver and hold him or her accountable for the injuries that you sustained.
For example, say that you are injured when a driver runs a stop sign and hits you while you are crossing the street. The accident would not have occurred if the driver had followed the law and stopped when required. Therefore, he or she is liable for your accident.
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident
The moments after a pedestrian accident can be very scary. However, these moments are also critical for your future case. To protect yourself and preserve potential evidence, take the following steps immediately after the collision.
- First, call 911 and report the accident to the police. Ask the responding officer for his or her information so that you can find the report at a later time.
- Next, seek medical attention as soon as possible, even if you do not feel injured. Save all records that you receive regarding your injuries or treatment.
- If you can, document evidence at the scene. Take as many photographs and videos as possible.
- Collect contact information from any witnesses. These individuals could provide valuable testimony in your case.
- Briefly exchange information with the other people involved in the accident. Keep your interaction short and do not say anything about the collision or your injuries.
Once you have received medical attention, contact a pedestrian accident lawyer at Colburn Law. Do not speak to any insurance representatives or the at-fault driver until you speak to an attorney. Your lawyer will then explain your next steps.
Contact an Everett Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today
If you were injured in an Everett pedestrian accident, you deserve justice. In these situations, trust Colburn Law to represent your claim and advocate for the compensation that you deserve. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with an Everett pedestrian accident lawyer.