No Fees Unless We Win   206-919-3215
Everett Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Many people in Everett rely on bicycles. Whether they’re biking for exercise, recreation, or as an alternative means of transportation, these cyclists are at risk of serious injury and even death on the road. A bicycle accident can have devastating effects and is often caused by the negligence of another person.
If you were injured while riding your bike in Washington, Colburn Law can help. Our Everett bicycle accident attorney can represent your insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver, advocating aggressively for the justice that you deserve.
Why Choose Our Bicycle Accident Lawyer?
- Our firm is dedicated to helping injured people recover fair compensation, including bicycle accident victims. Over the years, we have recovered millions for our clients.
- You will have direct communication with our Everett bicycle accident attorney throughout your case. Our firm will be available to answer any questions and provide updates on your lawsuit.
- We understand that financial hardship is common after a bike accident. That’s why our firm operates on a contingency fee basis—you will not be charged any legal fees unless we win your case.
Common Injuries in Bicycle Accidents
Compared to larger motor vehicles, cyclists are extremely vulnerable to injury. When a car strikes a cyclist or causes him or her to fall off the bike, he or she can suffer from serious, sometimes debilitating harm. Sadly, many bicycle collisions are fatal.
Below are some of the most common injuries in bicycle accidents:
- Severe abrasions, known as road rash
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Broken bones and fractures
- Internal organ damage
- Back and neck injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
Legal Options for Injured Cyclists in Washington
Washington follows a fault-based system when it comes to road accidents. If a driver negligently causes a collision, the victims have a right to file an insurance claim or lawsuit against him or her. These rights extend to cyclists as well as other drivers and their passengers.
However, not all bicycle accidents are caused by motor vehicle drivers. If a road defect caused the collision, you could file a claim against the government agency that was responsible for maintaining the road. If a defective bike or vehicle part was responsible, the manufacturer of the defective item could be held liable.
An attorney from Colburn Law can assess your accident and determine who was responsible. Then, we will work to identify your optimal path to financial recovery and help you file the appropriate claim.
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident in Everett, WA
The moments after a bike accident can be scary. In these situations, you need to protect yourself and preserve evidence for your future case. Take the following steps after the collision if you are able:
- Call 911 or ask someone to call for you. Report the accident to the police.
- Seek medical care and save all records related to the accident.
- Take photographs and videos of your injuries, property damage, and the area around the collision.
- Exchange your information with anyone who was involved in the accident.
- Approach any witnesses in the area and ask for their contact details.
- Do not speak with any insurance representatives. Instead, contact a Washington bicycle accident lawyer to discuss your next steps.
Contact Colburn Law Today
Were you injured while riding a bike in Everett? Colburn Law can help you seek accountability and recover the settlement that you deserve. Contact us today at (206) 919-3215 to schedule your free consultation with our Everett bicycle accident lawyer.