No Fees Unless We Win   206-919-3215
Renton Truck Accident Lawyer
Commercial trucks can be very dangerous. These vehicles are much larger and heavier than the average car, and collisions between a truck and a motor vehicle can be catastrophic, leading to severe injuries, financial hardship, and lasting psychological consequences.
At Colburn Law, our Renton personal injury lawyers work tirelessly to help victims of truck accidents seek the compensation they deserve. If you suffer injuries in a Renton truck collision, our attorney can represent your claim and support you on your path to recovery.
Why Choose Us
- If your injury prevents you from traveling, our firm will accommodate your needs. We will meet with you anywhere, including your home or hospital room.
- Our firm values honesty and transparency. We will always answer your questions, respond to your concerns, and take time to prepare you for each stage of your claim.
- Our attorney, Greg Colburn, has handled hundreds of personal injury claims, including truck accidents. We have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
Are Truck Accidents Different from Car Accidents?
While truck accidents and car accidents share some characteristics, truck collisions are far more catastrophic than the average car accident. Trucks are much bigger and heavier than motor vehicles, and collisions between the two can result in serious injuries and fatalities to the people inside of the car. If you have been involved in an accident in Renton, contact our Renton car accident lawyers today for a free case evaluation.
Trucking companies have a responsibility to adhere to regulations set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), as well as Washington-specific regulations. These state and federal laws set requirements for many trucking functions, including:
- Vehicle inspection and maintenance schedules
- Hours of service and mandatory rest periods
- Requirements for driver fitness
- Regular drug and alcohol testing
- Training and supervision requirements
- Licensing and pre-employment screening
- Cargo loading and unloading
If a truck driver or trucking company violates any state or federal regulation, serious and devastating accidents can occur. If you are the victim of a truck accident, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit against the driver and his or her employer if you can prove that their recklessness caused the accident.
What to Do After a Truck Accident in Renton
After a truck accident, there are a few crucial steps you can take to protect your future lawsuit. If you can move around the scene of the accident without further injury or danger, take the following steps to collect evidence and seek help:
- Report the accident to the police by calling 911. Collect the officer’s name and badge number so you can find the report later.
- Seek medical attention, even if you do not feel hurt. You may have internal injuries or shock may be numbing your symptoms. Save all records you receive during your visits.
- If you can, take as many photographs from as many angles as possible. Take pictures of the accident scene, including any skid marks, debris, and traffic signs or signals. Photograph visible injuries and damage to both vehicles.
- Collect contact information from witnesses and the truck driver. Keep your conversations brief and do not make any statements about your injuries or who caused the accident.
- Contact a Renton truck accident attorney as soon as possible.
Additional Information: Signs of Truck Driver Fatigue
Contact Colburn Law Today
Truck drivers and their employers have a responsibility to ensure that their vehicles are in safe condition and that they follow all safety regulations and traffic laws. If you are in an accident with a negligent, or reckless, truck driver, Colburn Law can help you seek the compensation you deserve.