No Fees Unless We Win   360-594-5000
Bellingham Broken Bones Lawyer
Broken bones and fractures can lead to extreme pain, lasting complications, and lengthy recovery times — all of which can have a severe impact on our physical, emotional, and financial health. If someone else’s negligence or recklessness led to your broken bones, these damages can feel even more painful.
Why Choose Colburn Law
You have the right to claim compensation for a broken bone caused by someone else’s negligent actions through a personal injury lawsuit — and Colburn Law can guide you through each step of the way. Bellingham clients have trusted us with their personal injury cases for years due to our open communication, experience, and contingency fee arrangements.
- We understand that open communication is vital to a successful personal injury case. We commit ourselves to keeping you updated on all aspects of your case from consultation to settlement, and are available to answer any questions you may have.
- Legal fees can be too expensive to handle out of pocket, which is why we operate on a contingency fee basis. We will not charge you any legal fees unless we secure a settlement on your behalf, and will take an agreed-upon percentage of this settlement as payment.
- Our firm has significant experience working with many different types of personal injury cases that result in broken bones, including motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, and defective products. We understand the strategies and processes necessary to recover the compensation you need to heal.
Your Legal Options After a Broken Bone
Broken bones can have a severe impact on our lives. You may face thousands of dollars in medical expenses that your insurance company will not cover. You may need to undergo invasive medical procedures, wait weeks or even months to recover, and be unable to care for yourself or return to work during this time. These circumstances can cause significant damage to your physical, emotional, and financial health.
If someone else’s actions led to the accident in which you broke your bone, you can claim damages to help you recover. Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you have two main options to seek compensation following a broken bone.
- If the accident involves an insurance process, such as a car accident or an accident on someone’s property, you can file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
- If the accident does not involve insurance, the insurance claim does not come to fruition, or your attorney advises you to do so, you can file a lawsuit against the at-fault party in Washington civil court.
How to Prove a Broken Bone Lawsuit
To successfully secure a settlement for the damages you suffered in your accident, you and your attorney will need to prove that the at-fault party’s negligence led to your damages. You will need to gather sufficient evidence to prove each of the following elements.
- First, you will need to prove that the at-fault party owed you a duty of care at the time of the accident. This element will depend on the circumstances of your accident.
- Next, you will need to prove that the at-fault party breached his or her duty of care to you at the time of the accident. Again, proving this element will depend on the circumstances of your case.
- Third, you will need to prove that this breach of care directly caused your injuries. You may need to supply your medical records to prove this point, along with testimony from witnesses and experts.
- Finally, you will need to prove that you suffered damages in the accident that you can collect in your lawsuit. These damages can range from medical bills and lost wages to emotional distress and chronic pain, as well as punitive damages for especially reckless or negligent actions.
Choose Colburn Law for Your Broken Bone Lawsuit
Are you struggling with a broken bone in Bellingham? Colburn Law can help you collect the compensation you need to recover from your emotional, physical, and financial damages. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation at our Issaquah offices and begin planning your next steps.