No Fees Unless We Win   (206) 919-3215
Bellingham Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents can be devastating, leading to severe injuries and long recovery periods. If you are the victim of a motorcycle collision, you can face significant physical, emotional, and financial damages — and due to the negative stereotypes surrounding motorcycle riders, seeking compensation can be difficult without an attorney. If you need assistance filing an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit for your motorcycle accident in Bellingham, choose Colburn Law. Our Bellingham motorcycle accident lawyers understand deeply how a personal injury can affect someone’s life, and will work tirelessly to help you seek the compensation you need to recover.
Why Trust Colburn Law?
- We understand that legal assistance can be expensive, which is why we operate on a contingency fee basis to limit your out of pocket costs. We will only take an agreed-upon percentage of your final settlement if we secure compensation on your behalf.
- Our attorneys understand how difficult it can be to travel after a personal injury. We will gladly meet you at your home or hospital room upon your request.
- Colburn Law will take the time necessary to learn your story and build a compelling case in your favor. You will have consistent and direct communication with your attorney, so that you remain updated on all important aspects of your case.
Common Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents often involve severe injuries and high amounts of property damage, often due to the vulnerability of the motorcyclist and collisions with heavy objects such as walls, cars, and large trucks. Because of this vulnerability, you can suffer from incredibly damaging, sometimes long-lasting injuries, including the following.
- Road rash and abrasions
- Fractures and broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Paralysis and spinal cord injuries
- Permanent nerve damage
Determining Fault in Motorcycle Accident Cases
When you file a lawsuit against the person responsible for your motorcycle accident, you will have to establish that his or her negligence led to your injuries. You may face stereotypes or assumptions about you as a motorcyclist that other vehicle operators do not have to experience, which can make proving your case difficult.
With an attorney from Colburn Law on your side, you will have access to the resources and legal strategies necessary to advocate for your story. You and your attorney will work closely together to establish the following four elements of negligence and prove that the at-fault party is liable for your injuries.
- First, you will establish that the at-fault party owed you a duty of care at the time of the accident. All drivers and vehicle operators have a responsibility to drive safely and obey traffic laws,
- Next, you will need to prove that the at-fault party breached his or her duty of care at the time of the accident. Proving this element will depend on the circumstances of your case. For example, a driver running a red light and crashing into you would be an indication of a breach of care, since he or she failed to obey a traffic law.
- Next, you will need to show that the at-fault party’s breach of care directly caused your injuries. You may need to present your medical records and the police report to prove this element, as well as other crucial pieces of evidence. Your attorney may consult with expert witnesses as well.
- Finally, you and your attorney will need to prove that you suffered damages as a result of the accident that you can claim in your lawsuit. These damages can include the economic impacts of the accident and the out of pocket costs, as well as the emotional and intangible damages you suffered.
Choose Colburn Law Today
If you are suffering from the aftermath of a motorcycle accident in Bellingham, Colburn Law can guide you through the insurance or courtroom processes. Our Bellingham personal injury lawyers will work closely with you from consultation to settlement to help you find optimal paths to maximum compensation. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.