No Fees Unless We Win   (206) 919-3215
Bellingham Truck Accident Lawyer
Due to their sheer size and weight, a collision with a large truck can lead to devastating consequences. If you are in an accident with a truck, you can suffer from severe, debilitating injuries, miss weeks or even months of work, and grapple with the emotional aftermath. If the truck driver was at-fault for your accident, the impact of these consequences can heighten.
Through a personal injury lawsuit, you can claim the compensation you need to recover from your truck accident — and Colburn Law can help. Residents of Bellingham have trusted us to represent their truck accident and car accident claims for years, securing millions of dollars in compensatory damages.
- Colburn Law understands that legal representation can seem inaccessible. Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning that if we do not secure a settlement on your behalf, you do not have to pay legal fees.
- We value taking the time to understand your story to build a compelling case on your behalf. Our attorneys will maintain a consistent and open line of communication with you from consultation to settlement.
- We understand that travel after a serious accident can be extremely difficult. We will gladly meet with you at your home, hospital room, or another location that is convenient for you.
Damages in Truck Accident Cases
Truck accidents can lead to devastating amounts of damages that can lead to significant physical, emotional, and financial hardship. Through an insurance claim or lawsuit, you can claim compensation to help you recover from your losses. To be eligible for this compensation, you will need to prove that the truck driver was responsible for the accident.
There are two main types of damages you can claim.
- Economic damages, which include the tangible financial losses that you suffered in the accident, such as medical bills, property damage, and lost wages
- Non-economic damages, which include all of the intangible or emotional losses that you suffered from as a result of the accident, including depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and anxiety
Unlike other states, which impose caps on the amount of non-economic damages you can collect, Washington state does not limit the amount of compensation you can receive in personal injury cases. Washington courts deem these limits unconstitutional.
Do You Need a Lawyer for Your Truck Accident Case?
It may seem simple to file an insurance claim or enter the lawsuit process by yourself after a truck accident. However, truck accidents can often involve corporate lawyers, government agencies, and the need to obtain certain pieces of evidence that can be inaccessible without an attorney on your side. Hiring a truck accident attorney from Colburn Law can provide numerous benefits for your case.
- Since truck drivers are subject to government regulations and corporate guidelines, you may need to face legal representatives from these large companies and agencies. Your attorney will have the skills and experience necessary to enter into negotiations with these entities to advocate for the settlement you need to recover.
- Truck accidents often involve high amounts of damages, including physical injuries, property destruction, and severe pain and suffering. Your attorney can help you collect the pieces of evidence necessary to prove your damages and determine which ones you may qualify for.
- Your case may require expert witnesses to validate your injuries, the logistics of the crash, and other crucial parts of your story. Your attorney will have access to a network of medical experts, accident reconstruction specialists, and more to help you build a compelling case in your favor.
Truck Accident in Bellingham? Colburn Law Can Help
If you are suffering from the aftermath of a truck accident in Bellingham, contact Colburn Law as soon as possible. Our attorneys will gladly meet with you at your home or hospital room to discuss your case and to begin the filing process. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and to plan your next steps.