No Fees Unless We Win   (206) 919-3215
Bothell Bicycle Accident Attorney
Motorists have a responsibility to follow all traffic laws and operate their vehicles safely. Unfortunately, many Washington drivers fail to do this, injuring others on the road—including bicyclists.
Collisions between a motor vehicle and bicycle can be devastating, leading to severe, debilitating injuries. If you are recovering from a bicycle accident injury, you need a lawyer on your side—and Colburn Law can help. Our Bothell bicycle accident attorneys will work tirelessly to secure maximum compensation on your behalf.
Why Choose Our Bothell Bike Accident Attorneys
- We operate using a contingency fee. You do not pay legal fees unless we secure a settlement in your case. If we do win your case, we will take an agreed-upon percentage of your final award as payment.
- Transparency and honesty is important to Colburn Law. We will maintain an open line of communication throughout the case process, answering all questions you may have.
- Our experience and case results speak for themselves. Our Bothell personal injury lawyers have secured millions of dollars for our clients and will fully dedicate ourselves to securing your maximum recovery.
Common Injuries in Bicycle Accidents
Cyclists are at a serious disadvantage during motor vehicle accidents. The average car is much larger and heavier than a bicycle, and collisions between a cyclist and a driver often result in severe injuries. According to the Washington Traffic Safety Commission, cyclists and pedestrians account for approximately 22 percent of serious injuries and 18 percent of traffic fatalities over a five-year period.
Some common injuries that bicycle accident victims suffer from include the following.
- Traumatic brain injuries, even with a helmet
- Broken bones and fractures
- Severe abrasions and road rash
- Spinal cord damage, including paralysis
- Back and neck injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Crushing injuries and internal organ damage
Potential Damages for Injured Bothell Cyclists
Any bicycle accident injury can result in serious complications and require immediate medical attention. You may need surgeries, multiple hospitalizations, physical therapy and rehabilitation, and many other types of treatment to recover from your injuries and restore function. You may also sustain lifelong impairments that impact your quality of life and ability to return to work.
Washington is a fault accident state, meaning that negligent drivers are liable for the damages of other drivers, pedestrians, passengers, and cyclists injured in accidents they cause. If a driver is responsible for your accident, you may have grounds to file a personal injury lawsuit or insurance claim against him or her.
In your lawsuit or insurance claim, you have the right to recover compensation for the economic and non-economic damages you sustain as a result of the accident. Economic damages involve your financial losses, while non-economic damages refer to the pain and suffering you endured.
Common damages in bicycle accident claims include the following:
- All past and future medical expenses
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation programs
- Modifications to your home or vehicle
- Property repair and replacement
- Prescription medications
- Lost wages and a loss of future earnings
- Chronic pain and disability
- Fear, anxiety, and depression
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Interactive Map: Washington Bicycle Accident Hotspots
Contact a Bothell Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Bicycle accidents can be painful and devastating. If you need compensation to recover from your injuries, Colburn Law can help. Our Bothell bicycle accident lawyer will utilize the full extent of our firm’s resources to investigate your claim, prove your right to damages, and secure a maximum settlement.
Contact Colburn Law today to schedule a consultation with our Bothell bicycle accident attorney. Your lawyer will evaluate your claim and discuss your next steps.