No Fees Unless We Win   206-919-3215
Bothell Wrongful Death Attorney
In Washington, a wrongful death occurs due to the wrongful act, neglect, or default of another. If you lost a loved one because of someone else’s actions, you deserve accountability—and Colburn Law can help.
For years, our firm has helped families of wrongful death victims navigate the complex legal process and recover fair compensation for their losses. Our Bothell wrongful death attorney will fight for your family’s right to justice and hold the at-fault party responsible.
Why Choose Our Wrongful Death Attorney?
- Our firm is passionate about obtaining the best possible outcome for our clients. We have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts.
- You will have direct communication with our Bothell wrongful death attorney throughout your case. Your lawyer will take the time to get to know your family and your loved one’s story.
- Our firm charges no fees unless we win your case. Our contingency fee arrangement helps eliminate the upfront costs or fees that your family may otherwise need to pay.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit in Washington?
Every state has specific rules regarding who can file a wrongful death lawsuit. In some places, the surviving family members can bring a claim on behalf of a deceased loved one. In Washington, however, the personal representative of the deceased’s estate is the only party who may file a wrongful death claim.
The deceased would have likely named the personal representative in his or her will. If no personal representative was named, the court can appoint one who can pursue litigation.
What Damages Are Available in a Wrongful Death Claim?
In a wrongful death claim, damages are awarded to the deceased’s surviving family members. This compensation is intended to compensate the survivors for a range of losses related to wrongful death. These may include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost financial support that the deceased would have contributed
- The cost of the deceased person’s final medical bills
- The value of the household services that the deceased would have provided
- The loss of the deceased person’s love, affection, care, companionship, and training
Do You Need a Wrongful Death Attorney?
Losing a loved one is one of life’s most difficult experiences. Having to deal with the emotional turmoil following a death alone can be difficult, but the stress of a lawsuit can make it even harder. Even so, your family deserves justice if someone else was responsible.
In these situations, you need a wrongful death attorney on your side. At Colburn Law, our Bothell wrongful death lawyer will guide you through each stage of the litigation and work tirelessly to recover the outcome your family needs. Your attorney will handle every matter related to your case, alleviating the stress of filing a lawsuit.
Our firm can provide significant advantages to your case, including:
- Access to expert witnesses who can testify on your behalf
- The time and resources to fully investigate your loved one’s death
- A deep understanding of wrongful death litigation
- The ability to craft a compelling case for the courtroom, proving your family’s right to recovery
Contact Colburn Law Today
If you lost a loved one due to the actions of another person or entity, your family deserves justice. The Bothell wrongful death attorney can represent your claim and help you hold the at-fault party accountable. Contact us today at (206) 919-3215 to schedule your free consultation and learn about your legal options.