No Fees Unless We Win   206-919-3215
Bothell Truck Accident Attorney
Commercial truck drivers and trucking companies must adhere to strict Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA) regulations to keep other people safe on the road. If you are in an accident due to a negligent truck driver or trucking company, you may be eligible for financial compensation.
As soon as possible after your accident, contact Colburn Law for assistance. Our Bothell truck accident attorney will work tirelessly to hold the driver and his or her employer accountable for their actions.
Why Choose Our Truck Accident Lawyers
- Our Bothell truck accident attorney has represented hundreds of injured Washington residents. He has the skills necessary to handle negotiations with the trucking company’s legal counsel and will not hesitate to escalate your claim to trial.
- We understand that legal representation can be expensive. Our firm operates on a contingency fee—if we do not win your case, we will not charge legal fees.
- Our Bothell personal injury lawyers understand that travel can be difficult after a truck accident. Your attorney will meet with you at your home, hospital room, or another location upon your request.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
A truck accident can happen at any time, in any place, including the major roadways surrounding Bothell. Many factors can contribute to these accidents, including poor roadway conditions, bad weather, and low visibility. Other common causes of truck accidents include the following.
- Driver fatigue: The FMCSA sets limits on how long a truck driver can operate without a break. If a driver violates these rules, he or she can fall asleep at the wheel.
- Distracted driving: Truck drivers can lose focus while driving for long periods of time, or they may be distracted by a cell phone or GPS system.
- Failure to properly maintain or repair a vehicle: Trucking companies must regularly inspect and repair their fleet. If a company is negligent in repairing a truck, the vehicle can break down.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs: It is very dangerous to drive with alcohol or drugs in your system. Unfortunately, substance abuse is common among commercial truck drivers, who may rely on amphetamines to stay awake during long trips.
Identifying the cause of your accident is a very important step in seeking compensation for your losses. The person or entity responsible for the crash is liable for the economic and non-economic damages you sustained in the accident, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage. You can hold this party accountable through a Washington personal injury lawsuit.
Additional Information: Washington State Truck Accident Statistics
What to Do After a Bothell Truck Accident
Truck accidents can be painful, catastrophic, and highly dangerous. In the moments after the crash, it can be difficult to know what to do next. To seek help and preserve evidence for your future claim, take the following steps.
- Call 911 and report the accident to law enforcement.
- Seek medical attention and save all records related to your accident.
- If you can do so safely, take as many photographs of the accident scene, your injuries, and the vehicles as possible. Maintain a safe distance from the truck.
- Exchange contact information with the truck driver. Keep your conversation brief.
- Contact a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible to begin investigating your case.
Contact Colburn Law Today
Truck accidents can cause life-changing injuries, from broken bones and whiplash to traumatic brain injuries and paralysis. If the truck driver or trucking company was responsible for your accident, you deserve compensation to support your recovery.
In these situations, trust the Bothell truck accident attorney from Colburn to represent your claim. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about your legal options.