No Fees Unless We Win   (206) 919-3215
Bellevue Amputation Injuries Lawyer
Amputation injuries can lead to serious hardships for victims. If you lose a limb in an accident, you may need extensive medical care, be unable to return to work, and struggle to adjust to the physical impact of the injury. However, you may be eligible for legal action if someone else’s actions led to your amputation—and Colburn Law can help. Our Bellevue personal injury lawyer can represent you in your insurance claim or lawsuit, holding the at-fault party accountable for your losses.
Why Choose Us
- Greg Colburn has years of experience representing injured people throughout Washington. We have secured millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
- You will have direct communication with your attorney throughout your case. We will be available to answer your questions and respond to any concerns you may have.
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis—if we do not secure compensation in your case, you will not be charged legal fees.
Common Causes of Amputation Injuries
Amputation injuries can occur during multiple types of accidents. You may sustain extensive damage to a limb that is so severe that a doctor recommends amputation, or the limb may be severed completely during the accident. Some of the most common causes of amputation injuries include the following.
- Car accidents: During a car accident, you can suffer crushing damages that lead to permanent limb damage.
- Burn injuries: Severe burns that occur due to fires, chemical exposure, or defective electrical equipment can cause permanent damage to the muscles, nerves, and bones in your limbs. As a result, the affected limbs may need to be amputated.
- Collisions with heavy objects: Accidents involving heavy objects can lead to severe limb damage. For example, an object may drop onto you, crushing your limb and leading to irreversible damage.
- Heavy machinery accidents: Heavy machines may mangle limbs or sever a limb completely, leading to an amputation. These accidents often occur in the workplace.
Damages Available in Bellevue Amputation Injury Claims
If you suffer an amputation injury due to the negligence of another person, you could file a lawsuit or insurance claim against him or her. For example, if a drunk driver collides with your motorcycle and amputates your arm, you can hold the driver accountable for your losses. If you are walking by a construction site and falling debris crushes your leg, leading to the need for the amputation, you could file a lawsuit against the owner of that construction site.
Through your claim, you can recover compensation for the economic and non-economic damages you sustained due to the accident. Economic damages include financial losses, while non-economic damages refer to the physical and emotional pain and suffering. Common damages available in amputation injury claims include the following.
- Past and future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Modifications to your home or vehicle
- Mobility equipment
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Property damage sustained in the accident
- Chronic pain, disability, and disfigurement
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Depression and anxiety
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
If you sustained an amputation injury due to the negligence of another person, Colburn Law can help. Our Bellevue amputation injury lawyer can represent you in your lawsuit or insurance claim and hold the at-fault party accountable for your losses. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and identify your optimal path to compensation.