No Fees Unless We Win   206-919-3215
Bellevue ATV Accident Lawyer
All-terrain vehicles (ATVs) are popular in Bellevue, with many residents taking these vehicles to the trails and forests for outdoor explorations. While ATV outings can be fun and enjoyable, an unexpected accident can put you and your family at risk of severe injury.
If you are injured in an ATV accident in Bellevue, you may have grounds for legal action—and Colburn Law can help. Our Bellevue ATV accident lawyer can help you understand your options for compensation and guide you through the legal process, advocating for your right to recovery.
Why Choose Our Bellevue Accident Attorneys?
- Our attorney, Greg Colburn, knows firsthand how a personal injury can impact your life. Our firm will leverage this unique perspective to craft a compelling case in your favor.
- We have helped hundreds of Washington residents secure the compensation they deserve, recovering millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts over our years of operation.
- At Colburn Law, we operate on a contingency fee basis—if we do not secure compensation on your behalf, you will not be charged legal fees.
What Causes ATV Accidents in Washington State?
An ATV is a recreational vehicle that can include four-wheelers, side-by-sides, and off-road utility vehicles. Many people use these vehicles for recreational activities, while property owners may use them for maintenance and upkeep purposes. Like all motorized vehicles, however, ATVs can be involved in serious accidents that can cause severe harm.
Some of the most common causes of ATV accidents include the following.
- Vehicle rollovers
- Driving on paved roads
- Improper experience or training
- Unmarked hazards on a person’s property
- Defective ATV parts
- Collisions with stationary objects or other vehicles
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Common Injuries in ATV Accidents
Because many ATVs do not have rollover bars or restraint systems, drivers and passengers can be launched from the vehicle during an accident. In many cases, these vehicles pin victims to the ground, leading to serious and sometimes fatal injuries. If you are involved in an ATV accident, seek medical attention immediately.
Common injuries sustained in ATV accidents include the following:
- Traumatic brain damage
- Broken bones
- Deep cuts, bruises, and lacerations
- Burns and scarring
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Mangled or amputated limbs
- Spinal cord injuries
Legal Options for ATV Accident Victims
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident, you may have grounds for legal action after an ATV collision. The cause of your accident will determine which claim you are eligible to file. An attorney from Colburn Law can evaluate your case and identify your optimal legal pathway.
For example, if you suffered an ATV injury due to a hazard on someone else’s private property, you could file a homeowner’s insurance claim or lawsuit against the property owner. If a defective part contributed to the collision, you could file a lawsuit against the manufacturer. In cases involving another ATV driver’s negligence, you could file a lawsuit or insurance claim against him or her.
If you rented the ATV, the rental company may have required you to sign a liability waiver, which can affect your ability to pursue compensation. However, some liability agreements are not valid. In these situations, speak to an attorney at Colburn Law to discuss your claim eligibility.
Contact a Bellevue ATV Accident Lawyer
If you are in an ATV accident in Bellevue, you may have grounds for legal action—and the ATV accident attorney at Colburn Law can help. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and discuss your optimal path to maximum recovery.