No Fees Unless We Win   (206) 919-3215
Bellevue Uninsured Motorist Lawyer
Because Washington operates on a fault-based car insurance system, all drivers must carry a minimum amount of insurance to cover their financial obligations if they cause a car accident. Insurance coverage pays for medical expenses, property damage, and other costs, and if the at-fault driver in your collision does not have insurance, seeking compensation can feel difficult — but it’s not impossible.
Trust Colburn Law to represent your uninsured motorist claim and seek the damages you need to recover. Our Bellevue uninsured motorist accident attorneys will work with you to find your optimal path to compensation.
Why Choose Colburn Law
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you do not have to pay any legal fees unless we secure compensation in your claim.
- Colburn Law believes in consistent, direct, and open communication each step of your case. Our Bellevue personal injury attorneys will always answer your questions and take the time necessary to learn your story.
- We understand that the aftermath of a car accident can be painful. To best accommodate your needs, our attorneys will gladly meet with you at your home, hospital room, or another location upon request.
Does Washington State Require Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage?
Since Washington is a fault state, the law requires drivers to carry liability insurance in the following minimum amounts.
- $25,000 in bodily injury liability per person
- $50,000 in total bodily injury per accident
- $10,000 in property damage coverage
You can purchase higher amounts of coverage if you wish, but all drivers must carry those minimum limits. Washington does not require you to purchase uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance, but highly encourages you to add this coverage to your policy in the event that the at-fault driver in your accident does not adhere to these financial responsibility requirements.
After a collision with an uninsured driver, you can easily incur thousands of dollars in medical expenses, lost wages, and other emotional, physical, and financial damages. If a driver doesn’t have insurance, it is highly likely he or she doesn’t have the means to pay for your damages out of pocket. Purchasing uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage helps protect your recovery in these situations.
Pursuing an Uninsured/Underinsured Accident Claim in Bellevue
If you have uninsured/underinsured coverage, you can pursue compensation after your accident by filing a claim with your insurance company. If you do not have this coverage, you may need to rely on other avenues to pay for your damages, such as personal injury protection or collision coverage.
If you only carry liability insurance, you may have to pay for your losses out of pocket. Alternatively, you can file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver in civil court. The attorneys at Colburn Law will guide you through all of your options, and can represent you in negotiations with your insurance company and in the courtroom.
Should You Contact an Attorney?
Navigating the aftermath of an accident with an uninsured driver can be difficult without an attorney on your side. Hiring a lawyer can help your claim in a number of important ways.
- Negotiating with insurance companies can be difficult. Your attorney will represent you in these discussions to ensure you do not accept a lower offer than you deserve.
- If your case involves an unknown driver, such as a hit and run, your attorney can launch a full investigation into your accident to identify the at-fault party.
- Proving your damages may require expert witnesses. Your attorney will connect you with specialists who can provide testimony in your claim, such as medical experts.
Schedule Your Free Consultation with Colburn Law
You deserve to heal after a car accident — even if the at-fault driver does not carry insurance. The attorneys at Colburn Law dedicate themselves to your recovery, working diligently from consultation to settlement to investigate your claim and discover your optimal path to compensation.