No Fees Unless We Win   206-919-3215
Bellevue Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
When you or a loved one enter a nursing home, you expect compassionate, high-quality care. Unfortunately, in some cases, nursing home staff act carelessly or negligently; in the worst cases, staff members neglect or abuse patients. If you or a loved one experienced neglect or abuse at the hands of a nursing home worker, contact a nursing home abuse lawyer at Colburn Law to discuss possible compensation for emotional, psychological, and physical injuries.
Why Choose Our Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers?
- Colburn Law elder abuse attorneys have years of experience handling medical malpractice, personal injury, and nursing home abuse litigation in the Bellevue area, winning hundreds of cases for our clients.
- Our compassionate and experienced attorneys understand the hardships you and your loved ones face as a result of nursing home abuse; as a result, we will meet with you at a time and place convenient to your continued recovery.
- We work on a contingency basis to assure that you pay no fees unless you or your loved one receive compensation for your injuries.
You Need an Experienced Bellevue Elder Abuse Attorney By Your Side
Nursing home and elder abuse cases are often difficult to prove. Individual employees, as well as the nursing home itself, have a duty of care to properly treat and protect all patients in the nursing home. However, proof is often difficult to come by due to the sheer number of staff and other individuals that encounter patients daily. A knowledgeable Bellevue nursing home abuse attorney can help you obtain expert testimony, medical records, and other evidence that your loved one suffered negligence, neglect, or abuse while in the home. Then, an attorney can deal directly with the nursing home to reach a suitable settlement, or pursue litigation if a settlement fails.
Common Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
Nursing home abuse can take the form of physical, financial, emotional, verbal, or even sexual abuse. However, common types of abuse tend to share warning signs. If you notice several of these signs, contact the authorities as well as an experienced elder abuse attorney in Bellevue:
- Emotional changes. If you notice a marked, sudden fear of nursing home employees, or if your loved one seems unusually withdrawn or agitated, he or she may be suffering abuse.
- Physical signs. Watch for signs of physical abuse or neglect, such as bruising, bedsores, skin tears, dehydration, weight loss and poor hygiene. While not proof of abuse themselves, physical evidence combined with other signs may indicate abuse.
- Verbal concerns. If your loved one tells you he or she fears or dislikes a staff member, or if your loved one tells you of abuse or neglect, believe it. Do not ignore concerns and investigate the situation to the best of your abilities. Then, contact the authorities if you believe abuse occurred.
- Overworked, stressed staff. Overly taxed staff is a primary contributing factor for nursing home neglect or abuse. Keep an eye out for fatigued staff, long wait times for care, ringing phones and call lights, and inadequate handling of other issues.
Is Someone Liable for Your Loved One’s Injuries?
Nursing home staff have a legal duty to provide care for your loved one. Patient neglect or abuse violates the standard of care, and can lead to injury, illness, or even death of the patient. If your loved one experienced injury as the result of inadequate nursing home care or outright neglect and abuse, the employee and the home itself may face liability for damages caused by the injuries.
Contact Our Bellevue Nursing Home Lawyers Today
At Colburn Law, we believe nursing home patients in Bellevue deserve high-quality, compassionate care. When patients suffer abuse and neglect, we dedicate every resource to pursuing compensation for the injuries and suffering involved. Contact our firm today to discuss your case and receive a no-fee consultation.