No Fees Unless We Win   (206) 919-3215
Bellevue Hit-and-Run Accident Attorney
As drivers, we have a responsibility to stop and exchange information if we are involved in a motor vehicle accident. Unfortunately, not all motorists uphold this duty, fleeing the scene of a crash instead of helping their victims or providing them with the means to file an insurance claim.
If you are involved in a hit-and-run accident in Bellevue, Colburn Law can help. Our Bellevue hit-and-run accident lawyers will fight diligently for your right to recovery, helping you navigate the complex claims process.
Why Choose Us
- Our Bellevue car accident attorney, Greg Colburn, has recovered millions of dollars in compensation on behalf of our clients. We are dedicated to achieving a maximum settlement in your case.
- Our firm prioritizes direct and consistent communication. You will always be able to ask your attorney questions and raise concerns throughout your case.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis. If our firm does not recover compensation on your behalf, you will not be charged legal fees.
Legal Options for Hit-and-Run Accident Victims
If you are injured in a hit-and-run accident in Bellevue, you may wonder what your options are to recover compensation. In a typical Washington car accident case, the at-fault party would be responsible for paying for your losses. You would be able to file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against the negligent driver.
After a hit and run, however, you may not know the identity of the driver who is responsible for your collision. Unless the police are able to identify him or her, you will not be able to file a third-party insurance claim or lawsuit. However, you may still have options for financial compensation.
If you have uninsured motorist (UM) coverage, you can recover compensation for your losses even if you are unable to identify the at-fault driver. Other forms of insurance coverage, such as collision coverage, may also help you recover from your losses. It is important to invest in optional forms of insurance, including UM policies, to protect your rights in these situations. Speak to an attorney at Colburn Law to identify your optimal path to compensation.
What to Do After a Bellevue Hit-and-Run Accident
After a hit-and-run accident, it may be tempting to follow the at-fault driver in order to learn his or her identity. However, this act can be extremely dangerous. Instead of pursuing the driver,
pull over in a safe location and write down as much information about the other driver as you can. Try to recall the direction he or she was heading, the make, model, and color of his or her vehicle, and any physical characteristics you remember. A full or partial license plate number can be extremely helpful in identifying the driver.
Next, take the following steps to seek help and preserve evidence.
- Call 911 as soon as possible and report the accident to law enforcement.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible, even if you feel uninjured.
- If you are able, take photographs and videos of the accident scene, your injuries, and vehicle damage.
- Contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss your case and legal options.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
If you are injured in a hit-and-run accident in Bellevue, you need an experienced personal injury attorney on your side. In these situations, Colburn Law can help. Contact us today to schedule your free case consultation and discuss your legal options with a Bellevue hit-and-run accident lawyer.