No Fees Unless We Win   (206) 919-3215
Bellevue Burn Injury Lawyer
Burn injuries are some of the most severe forms of damage that a person can sustain. Severe burns can lead to physical pain, permanent scarring, and the need for long-term medical care, resulting in financial and emotional hardship for victims. If you sustain a burn injury in Bellevue, you may be eligible for financial compensation—and Colburn Law can help. Our Bellevue burn injury lawyer scan leverage our firm’s experience, skills, and resources to fight for your right to recovery and hold the at-fault party accountable for your losses.
Why Choose Us
- Our firm’s track record speaks for itself. We have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts for our clients.
- Navigating a personal injury claim can be difficult after a burn injury. Our attorney will handle all aspects of your case so you can focus on recovery.
- Our Bellevue personal injury lawyers understand that financial hardship often accompanies a burn injury. Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis—if we do not secure compensation in your case, you will not be charged legal fees.
Common Types of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries can occur due to a number of factors. Contact with hot objects, such as scalding water or stoves, can lead to thermal burns. Corrosive chemicals and live electrical wiring can also lead to severe and painful burn injuries. Cold, radiation, friction, and light may also lead to this type of damage.
Medical experts classify burn injuries in four categories.
- First-degree burns damage the outer layer of skin. They are usually dry, red, and painful, and usually heal quickly.
- Second-degree burns damage the outer layer of skin and the layer underneath. They are usually red, blistered, and leak fluid.
- Third-degree burns damage the deepest layer of skin. These painful burns blister and result in severe scarring.
- Fourth-degree burns completely destroy the skin and damage the nerves, tendons, and bones underneath. These burns look white, gray, or charred black, and cannot heal without surgery.
Can You File a Lawsuit for Burn Injuries?
If you suffer a burn injury due to the negligence of another person, you can file a lawsuit or insurance claim against him or her. Through a claim, you can recover compensation for your injury-related losses, like medical expenses, rehabilitation, and lost wages.
For example, if you are injured in a car accident after a driver ran a red light and collided into you, leading to a vehicle fire, you could file a claim against him or her. If a property owner accidentally spills a chemical on you while pouring the substance out of a window, you could hold him or her accountable through a lawsuit.
To prove your right to compensation, you will need to show that the at-fault party’s negligence caused your accident. You and your attorney will need to supply enough evidence to support four important facts.
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care.
- The at-fault party breached his or her duty of care through a negligent act or failure to act.
- The at-fault party’s breach of duty caused the accident and your burn injury.
- You sustained damages in the accident that you can collect in your lawsuit.
Your attorney from Colburn Law can help you gather the evidence necessary to establish these elements and prove your right to recovery.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
If you are the victim of a burn injury, you may qualify for financial compensation. In these situations, the Bellevue burn injury lawyer at Colburn Law can help. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your legal options.