No Fees Unless We Win   206-919-3215
Seattle Distracted Driving Injury Lawyer
As a driver, you have many responsibilities that begin the moment that you get behind the wheel. One of the most important rules is to pay attention to the road. When you are distracted while driving, an accident could happen in an instant—but unfortunately, many drivers fail to keep their eyes on the road.
Distracted driving leads to hundreds of accidents every year. If you are injured by a distracted driver, Colburn Law can help. Our Seattle distracted driving lawyer can help you understand your legal options and secure fair compensation for any damages that you experienced in the crash.
Why Choose Colburn Law for Your Accident Claim
- Our attorney has years of experience representing people injured in car accidents. We have the skills and knowledge necessary to hold distracted drivers accountable.
- Our firm has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. We will always advocate for your maximum settlement and are not afraid to negotiate for a higher award.
- To limit your out-of-pocket costs, our firm charges a contingency fee for our legal services. You will only be charged legal fees if we secure a settlement on your behalf.
What Is Distracted Driving?
Distracted driving happens more often than we may believe. In 2020 alone, a shocking 3,142 people died in distracted driving accidents across the United States. Thousands more were injured in these collisions.
While most people think of texting and driving when they hear about this practice, the actual definition is much broader. Distracted driving happens when a motorist takes his or her eyes, mind, or hands away from the act of driving.
Below are a few common examples of distracted driving behaviors:
- Talking on the phone
- Using GPS navigation
- Eating or drinking
- Talking to passengers
- Smoking cigarettes
- Fixing hair or makeup
- Watching or filming videos
- Texting or using social media
Who Is Liable for Distracted Driving in Washington?
Distracted driving is an illegal and extremely dangerous practice in Washington state. If you were injured in a collision with a distracted motorist, the other driver is likely at fault for your collision. Therefore, you are eligible to file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the distracted driver.
By filing a distracted driving claim, you could recover compensation to pay for any losses that you experienced in the crash, known as damages. These damages may include the cost of medical care, property damage, and any wages that you lost as a result of the collision. You could also recover non-economic damages or pain and suffering.
Why You Need an Attorney for Your Distracted Driving Claim
If you were involved in a distracted driving accident, you need a Seattle car accident attorney on your side. At Colburn Law, we are dedicated to fighting for the rights of people who were injured by negligent drivers. Our firm can guide you through the litigation process and help you recover the compensation that you deserve.
Your injury attorney can provide several benefits to your case, such as:
- Conducting a full investigation into your accident
- Negotiating with insurance companies
- Gathering evidence to prove liability
- Answering questions about the legal process
- Preparing you for each stage of litigation
- Crafting a compelling case for the courtroom
Contact a Seattle Distracted Driving Lawyer Today
Distracted drivers deserve to be held accountable. If you were injured in a collision with a negligent driver, the Seattle distracted driving injury lawyer at Colburn Law can help you recover a fair settlement.
Contact us at (206) 919-3215 to schedule a free case consultation and learn more about your legal options.