No Fees Unless We Win   206-919-3215
Issaquah Pedestrian Accident Attorney
In Issaquah, it is common for residents to complete errands, exercise, and perform other activities while on foot. Unfortunately, pedestrians are at risk of severe injury due to negligent drivers. If you are injured in an accident while walking, you deserve justice.
At Colburn Law, our Issaquah pedestrian accident lawyer represents injured people across Washington. We can help you navigate your claim and hold the at-fault driver accountable for your injuries.
Why Choose Colburn Law for Your Pedestrian Accident Claim
- Our attorney is dedicated to achieving maximum results for our clients. We have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts.
- We understand how painful a pedestrian accident can be. Our firm will handle your case from start to finish so that you can focus on recovery.
- Our firm takes cases on a contingency fee basis to limit your out-of-pocket costs. You will not be charged legal fees unless we secure compensation in your claim.
How Negligent Drivers Cause Pedestrian Accidents
Not all pedestrian accidents occur because of negligent driving. Poor weather, slippery roads, and faulty auto parts can contribute to these collisions. However, negligent drivers are responsible for many of these accidents.
There are several dangerous driving behaviors that can lead to a pedestrian accident, including the following
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Driving over the speed limit
- Running a red light or stop signs
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Distracted driving, such as texting and driving
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Making an unsafe turn
Legal Options for Injured Issaquah Pedestrians
If you were injured in an Issaquah pedestrian accident, you could recover compensation to pay for your medical care, property damage, and other losses related to your collision. Like most states, Washington follows a fault-based standard for car accidents. If a driver’s negligent behaviors cause a collision, the victims of the accident could pursue an insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault motorist.
As an injured pedestrian, you have the right to pursue legal action in these situations. However, you will need to prove the following facts in order to recover a settlement:
- The at-fault motorist owed you a duty of care at the time of your collision. All drivers have a duty to follow traffic laws and drive carefully.
- The at-fault motorist breached his or her duty of care, such as by running a red light or speeding.
- The at-fault motorist’s negligent actions caused your pedestrian accident and the injuries that you suffered.
- You sustained damages that you can recover in your claim.
You can leverage several pieces of evidence to establish your claim, including medical records, police reports, and traffic footage. Expert witnesses like medical professionals can also testify to prove complex parts of your case. The attorney at Colburn Law can help you gather all relevant evidence and craft a compelling case in your favor.
Contact an Issaquah Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today
Were you injured while walking in Issaquah? The pedestrian accident attorney at Colburn Law can help you hold the at-fault driver accountable and secure the compensation that you deserve. Contact us today to schedule your free case consultation and discuss your next steps.