No Fees Unless We Win   (206) 919-3215
Seattle Dental Malpractice Attorney
When we visit the dentist, we expect that the medical professionals who work with our teeth have the proper training and knowledge to conduct our procedures safely. However, many people have suffered irreversible damage and disfigurement as a result of a dentist’s negligence, leading to lifelong injuries and high medical costs.
If you are a victim of dental malpractice, you need a Seattle injury attorney on your side who knows how to handle these technical cases – and Greg Colburn is here to help. Our firm has assisted many Seattle residents with their dental malpractice and other personal injury claims, helping secure millions of dollars in compensation.
- We understand that an injury can make it difficult to travel. Greg Colburn is happy to meet you at your home, your hospital room, or any other meeting place that works for you.
- At Colburn Law, we understand how important up-to-date information is during the lawsuit process. We strive to provide open, honest communication throughout every step of your case.
- Colburn Law has significant experience working in multiple areas of personal injury law in Washington state, including dental malpractice. We have the resources and experience necessary to help you obtain maximum possible compensation.
What Is Dental Malpractice?
If you suffer an injury while at a dentist appointment or at the hands of a dental professional, you may be the victim of dental malpractice. Dental malpractice can encompass many different types of injuries and result in lasting complications and disability, as well as emotional injuries, financial hardship, and a loss of quality of life. Under Washington state law, a dental professional may be liable for dental malpractice under the following circumstances.
- The dental professional failed to uphold his or her duty of care, skill, and learning that a similarly-trained dental professional would have under the same circumstances.
- The failure to uphold this duty was the proximate cause of the injury you suffered.
Types of Dental Malpractice Injuries
You can file a dental malpractice claim against multiple dental professionals for multiple types of injuries. You can hold a dentist, oral surgeon, orthodontist, or dental assistant responsible in a malpractice lawsuit. These professionals can cause many different types of damage to your mouth and teeth, leading to significant damages.
- Severe infection and complications
- Failure to diagnose serious dental conditions, such as oral cancer or gum disease
- Botched root canals
- Cuts and scars from cavity fillings
- Face, mouth, or tooth disfigurement
- Chronic pain
- Extracting a healthy tooth by mistake
- Nerve damage in the jaw, lips, face, or tongue
- Anesthesia injury
- Failure to obtain consent for a procedure
- Failure to disclose risks about a dental procedure
Why You Need an Attorney for Your Dental Malpractice Claim
If you suffered an injury due to dental malpractice, you need an attorney who can assist you with your claim. Seattle dental malpractice attorneys provide a number of benefits during the lawsuit process.
- Your attorney will have the resources to conduct an effective investigation in your claim, reviewing your medical records and collecting documents and interviewing witnesses as needed.
- Your attorney will have access to a network of dental experts and other professionals who can provide valuable testimony for your claim.
- Your attorney will have training and education in malpractice claims and will know what elements you will need to establish to prove your claim, as well as how to file your lawsuit in civil court.
Choose Colburn Law Today
If you are suffering from the aftermath of dental malpractice, you are not alone – and Colburn Law is here to help. You may be able to claim compensation for your past and future medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.