No Fees Unless We Win   206-919-3215
Scholarship for First Responders & Nurses on the Frontlines of COVID-19
The Seattle personal injury lawyers at Colburn Law want to be a helping hand to Washington state nurses, first responders or their family members who have been on the front lines amid the devastating Coronavirus outbreak.
To be a helping hand to our local heroes, we have created two $1,000 scholarships to thank the nurses and first responders in Washington who have helped combat this virus. We hope this scholarship will lend financial hope to two deserving students who have single-handedly been affected by the coronavirus.
Additional Information: 2021 Winners Announced
We are proud to announce the Colburn Law Scholarship For Nurses & First Responders on the Front Lines of COVID-19 for the 2020-2021 school year.
Greg Colburn is an advocate for first responders in Washington state. Our team understands the importance of education as well as how difficult and burdensome a college education can be to finance during these hard times. At Colburn Law, our goal is to take some of the financial burdens off a dedicated, deserving, and hardworking student, nurse, or first responder.
- Must be a frontline worker or have a parent or guardian who has been on the frontlines; and
- Must provide proof of college enrollment for 2020-2021 academic year; and
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.; and
- Must be enrolled as either an undergraduate or in the final year of high school; and
- Must be able to provide proof of residency in Washington state; and
- Must be age 17 or older.
No matter how many challenges you have encountered in recent months due to COVID-19, you have a new story to tell. Please write an original essay on one of the four topics below:
- Are you an advocate for your community or involved in any organizations? How has your experience dealing with the novel Coronavirus pandemic inspired you to help others?
- Are you a nurse or first responder planning on returning to school? If so, please tell us how your experience during the Coronavirus pandemic has shaped your outlook on what it means to be a first responder during a global pandemic.
- How have you been personally impacted by COVID-19? Have you lost a loved one or was a member of your family seriously ill?
- If granted this scholarship, how will you use it to further your education as a first responder?
$1,000 awarded to two individuals
- The deadline to apply for this scholarship is APRIL 1st 2021.
- Winner will be announced by APRIL 30, 2021.
We will notify the scholarship winner by either phone or email and the winner will be announced on our firm’s website.
Include your essay as an email attachment and an image of yourself (.docx , .doc, .pdf or .txt files are best)
Include your Full Name, email address, mailing address, and phone number at the top of your essay. This will be the information that we use to contact you if your essay is selected as the winner.
Please include 1-4 sentences about yourself (What school, college or university you attend or plan to attend and your plans for the future).
Please DO NOT include:
CD ROMs, letters of recommendation, tax returns, bank balances, resumes, or transcripts
Please DO NOT call the firm asking where to send your essay.
Send submissions to colburnscholarship [@] gmail.com